FinTech Industry Hiring Trendings You Can’t Miss Out in 2022
Money makes the world go around — at least, it used to. Thanks to the FinTech industry, money moves around the world more efficiently, converted to virtual data before reappearing to the receiver as currency.
But that’s not the only reason this industry is booming. Employees in these FinTech companies are dedicated to making money flow freely and safely. They do this by facilitating convenience for their customers. And they ensure their customers’ safety by finding new ways to protect their information best through the help of IT staffing firms.
Employers know that only the best professionals can make this happen, so they’re hiring to stay competitive. This blog post will explain what you can expect from FinTech this year and what jobs will dominate the industry.
Although many people are still using traditional bank branches, the number of online banking has increased sharply. Banks started offering online services, especially after the pandemic, when most people stopped going to crowded bank branches and started transferring funds online.
As of 2021, the FinTech industry is home to 157 unicorns, with a little over half of them from America, per Statista. China is in second place, while the UK follows in third.
While there have been fluctuations quarter over quarter in the FinTech funding game, the industry has grown steadily. In fact, according to a study by CBInsights, deals and dollars related to FinTech have risen steadily. In 2021, the industry set an all-time high due to the increase across sectors and demographics brought on by private market funding.
Even with the ups and downs of the FinTech funding game, the industry is growing steadily, thanks to a study by CBInsights that shows Global FinTech deals and dollars recorded an all-time high in 2021. They increased more than 100 percent compared to the previous year.
Understanding the FinTech Job Market
No surprises here as the FinTech funding keeps growing by the day. The industry grew steadily from $13.8 billion in 2015 to an estimated $128 billion in 2018! This steady growth shows that FinTech jobs will continue to increase.
To strengthen your FinTech recruitment campaign, you must take advantage of this trend and hire more people at your company through IT staffing firms to develop new technologies for better financial services. Now that you have a general overview of what’s trending and who’s hiring for what let’s dive into the most common roles in the modern-day FinTech industry.
- Data + analytics employees: Working with colossal data sets is a big part of the FinTech industry, and many companies struggle to analyze the incoming data efficiently. That’s why it’s not surprising that FinTech companies are hiring data analysts to help them understand their data better.
- Operations staff: These employees are the middlemen and women coordinating between customers and back-end teams such as the software engineers and data departments to ensure customer satisfaction. Key roles include:
- Customer Support Representative
- Customer Success Associate
- Information Technology Officer
- Software engineers: Since FinTech deals with currencies converted to online codes for easier transfers, potential engineers must be well versed in several coding languages to have the edge over their competition:
With staggering amounts of cash flowing into the industry and many top talents coming to work here, FinTech is a lucrative field, regardless of the customers’ age. The world is quickly becoming a digital-first place, and there has never been a better time to capitalize on this growth trajectory.
Employ the best FinTech talent with one of the IT staffing firms in Chicago — Technical Paradigm! Our service involves recruiting IT roles for startups and large corporations alike. Contact us today to get started!