Blockchain, in simple terms, is the digital record of any transactions. All the individual records existing (called blocks) are linked together in a list called a chain. It is a system that can be spread out to many computers, allowing full operation without the need to have a central authority. You may often hear this record type used in cryptocurrencies and many other applications.
It is one of the fastest-growing technologies in the market used by technology, banking, and insurance companies. Blockchain-related works even made the list of the top in-demand jobs in 2019. This article will discuss what you need to know if you want to dive into this up-and-coming field.
Starting a Career in the Blockchain Technology Industry
Since it is relatively new to the market, only a few people have the right skills or technical background needed when entering this field, but it does not mean that it is impossible for you.
Here are some ways you can begin equipping yourself to have the right qualifications:
If you want to build your developer career in this field, you first need to familiarize yourself with the concept. Start by doing the following:
- Understand the basics of the blockchain.
- Read whitepapers about bitcoin.
- Research about Ethereum. Ethereum is an open-source, decentralized, and distributed computing platform that enables users to run any code they want in the system. It is also used in the creation of smart contracts and other decentralized applications.
Your goal is to understand the concepts and where it all started. You will regularly encounter all of the terminologies, helping you fully understand what you are working on.
For Careers Related to the Cryptocurrency Space:
If you are interested in a career within the crypto space, you can focus more on the following:
- Learn the programming language related to open blockchain protocols – Understand the protocols in Ethereum.
- Study smart contracts – Try learning Solidity too. It is a high-level language used for implementing smart contracts or the programs that govern accounts’ behavior within the Ethereum state. It allows you to facilitate, verify, or enforce negotiation. You can use Solidity in building contracts for voting, crowdfunding, blind auctions, and multi-signature wallets.
For Careers in Financial Firms:
- Learn about Hyperledger Fabric – This is a blockchain framework hosted by The Linux Foundation that serves as a starting point for developing the different types of blockchain-based products, applications, and solutions. It leverages blockchain technology for business and enables the track-and-trace of the supply chain, trade finance, loyalty and rewards, and others.
For Business Professionals:
The field is not only exclusive for people who know how to work around various software. It also needs people to work for its business development, marketing, and content production. If you are interested in the cryptocurrency industry and yet have the skills for these works, you can enter and grow in this field.
Blockchain is a growing industry that gives a lot of job opportunities for people. Whether on the software side or the business side, there is a career opportunity for you. Find out which area you want to work in and develop the necessary skills for you to ace that job.
Whether you are looking for a job or talents to hire in the field, an IT job staffing agency can help you. Technical Paradigm is an innovative IT workforce solution that focuses on giving a strategic approach to your workforce needs. We make sure each solution is tailored to our clients’ needs.